Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stat ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

Stat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Stat ideas   Stat ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:53 pm

honouring the request.

My idea
two different site, one for RP (this site) another for Training (second sites). One the second site you would post in a specific topic, doing so would increase your Rieatsu. reaitsu would be divided into 8 different levels. if a person in one catagory attack someone who is one level higher than them it will be a tough fight, if they are two levels they would be unable to defeat them. there are some exceptions to this however such as abilites that were the other opponents weakness (ei Zammari,espada 7, fought with kenpatchi zaraki) if two users who were in the same catagory fought with one another than the fight would be determined by the users ablility to RP. notw that this is not in detail, just a summary of what im thinking of.
Back to top Go down
http://bleachsoulsofwar.powerrpg.com
taco cat

taco cat

Stat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat ideas   Stat ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 am

sounds good Smile
Back to top Go down
Couladin

Couladin

Stat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat ideas   Stat ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:20 am

How does one increase reiatsu via training. Is it posting? Or by writing up a training?

If its posting, I say nay to this idea, I am never for posting a certain number of posts.

My reasons,

1. This is a rp site, not a see who can post the most site
2. Rping is about writing, writing well, if it was posting a certain amount, I might as well go play a mmorpg bout bleach, posting lots doesn't make you a rp'er, it makes you a monkey
3. Monkey's can type up 1 line posts 1000 times, and still be monkey's, I can type up 1000 words and make it wonderful in one post.

4. Not everyone has the same time commitments, just because you have no life and spend 15 hours a day here training, doesn't make you a better person, a stronger rp'er, or even somehow "above" me in member status.

5. A system that rewards active members are good, a system that rewards monkey's who post poorly is bad but all the time is bad.

6. I know, myself and a few other people here, personally as well. Should I reach a certain level, I know that I myself would not refrain from wtfpawning all who get in my way. I mean no offense to good rp'ers, but I would do it just to be kinda rude. I would mess up plots, or just keep killing off the same char's over and over again, every new 3rd division captain would just be dead... or they could not be a Primera espada, because I march into HM, knock everyone out, and stab him to death, then leave. Things like that, with stats are possible, in fact plausible. With stats, you can't tell someone what they can and can't do, its just a matter of having the right stats.
"When can I knock out the CC by looking at him"
"You can't, cause he is CC"
"What stats do I need?"
"Its not a matter of stats, he is the CC just because you have massive reiatsu, doesn't mean you get too do it"
"Fine, I go Kenpachi, and fight him, his sword doesn't even phase me, due to massive reiatsu, his hands bleed every time he strikes me, so I hunt him down and murder him"

"Dude, now your CC"
"Nope, I don't want it, I just want to kill everyone who becomes it"

"Get a life"
"Get a better stat system"
Back to top Go down
Delz
RP Admin
Delz

Stat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat ideas   Stat ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:21 pm

xD That was spectacular. I say nay to it as well. Mainly because stat systems fail, and there should be nothing outside of RP skill that determines a fight's ending. I would quit any site that had a system like that, mainly because of something like what Coul said. When the nooblets who fail at life start posting crazy and get to the max level, what would stop them from just killing me instantly, even though my posts are significantly better and more detailed than theirs? If I am a better roleplayer I should be able to beat them, no matter how often they post, or even how many times they made a spectacular training post.

Now, understand that I am an idiot so that probably made no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Saito Ryuhako
11th Division Captain
Saito Ryuhako

Stat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat ideas   Stat ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Only way stats would work is if there are specific people moderating the posts who give the rewards.This way the quality and quantity of posts can both be taken into consideration when rewards are given, of course you also shouldn't be able to moderate your own posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stat ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat ideas   Stat ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stat ideas
Page 1 of 1