Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zeal Nerel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Basic Character Info

Name: Zeal Nerel

Visual Age: Early Twenties

Division: Division 5 Lieutenant

Appearance:

Zeal Nerel 1208469129_woah_display

Zeal is lean and slender, with medium length white hair. He wears normal shinigami robes with a neckless that has a dreamcatcher on it. Zeal wears his zanpaktou on his waist tied with a blue ribbon that had once been his mothers before she died. His rieatsu changes colors, often a smoky, dream like color, like a dream that you have forgotten.

Personality:

Zeal can be wise and mysterious, or lonely and secluded. Because of his zanpakto's unique ability, he is wise beyond his age, and could be classified as a battle genius because of all the people that have added their knowledge to his. Zeal can't train with the same person too often because there have been times where they went insane from the memories of their past being manipulated, so he trains with his Master or another person he has killed while in Bankai.

Background/RP Sample

Background:
Osen was born into the noble family of Stazana. They were rich, powerful, and political, but they never did have a tendency for high rieatsu. When they found out that Osen was unnaturally powerful, they wanted him to be a shinigami. And it was true that he was a very good swordsman, mastering the basics of a katana at the age of seven.

His teachers praised him as a prodigy, a soon to be master that would one day become a seated officer. But Osen didn't really like being a shinigami in training; it just wasn't any fun. His entire life revolved around training, but he didn't like that life. He only did it to make his parents happy, but they barely had time to pay attention to him in the first place. This resulted in Osen training half-heartedly to say the least. He didn't care enough to really work on swordsmanship. His masters scolded, punished, yelled, beat, and pushed Osen to try to get him to train, but he never did. Osen would just stand and try a technique by moving as little as possible. When he failed, he would just sigh and take his punishment. This attitude went on for years. It wasn't until the night of the coup that he realized his training was necessary.

That night, a group of assassins went to eliminate the Stazana nobility. Osen was quietly reading in his room at the time when he heard a sound. He put his book down and stood up, grabbing his katana and looking around for the source of the noise. Osen heard a soft pad of footsteps behind him, and turned around. He was face to face with an assassin in dark garbs, knife in hand ready to kill Osen. So he ran, not using his training, not using his katana, he just ran.

Osen bolted out of the manor and hid in Rukongai for years. He changed his name to Zeal Nerel and swore he would finish his training and avenge his family. He sought out a master of Zankensoki in the eightieth district of Rukongai. Although he was in the badlands, the master's house was clean and pristine, with a dojo that looked more like a zen garden with it's sand and boulders.

Zeal was relieved that he had finally found a man who could help him defeat his families killers. But when he asked Master Mirian to train him, he was turned down. Master Mirian said he was talented, but lacked discipline, motivation, and determination. In rage, Zeal challenged the old Mater to a duel. The terms were that if Zeal won, he would be trained, but if Mirian won, he would never hear from Zeal again.

The master accepted, and the battle started. The hours turned to days as the battle raged. Finally, after seventy-two hours, Zeal collapsed of exhaustion. Master Mirian was surprised at how long Zeal lasted, specifically fighting to expend the man's strength rather than attack him. After letting Zeal rest for almost a week, Master Mirian agreed to train him.

Zeal advanced quickly in Zankensoki; learning Shunpo faster than most in the Spiritual Arts Academy, mastering his Shikai after a short period of time, and becoming deadly without his sword as well. He also learned Kido, finding the basics of it simple, but mastering it to be very complex. His body was now toned and powerful, he even began to land blows on Master Mirian. It was at this point where the master informed Zeal that there was only one last thing to teach him, his Bankai. Master Mirian told Zeal of a dangerous and untested way of achieving a Bankai; he had to be put in a situation where only this powerful technique could save him.

At midnight, Master Miran and Zeal entered the dojo for Zeal's final fight with his master, he would either win and achieve Bankai, or lose and die. Zeal attacked with power, precision, and strength. With each blow he showed his discipline, motivation, and determination. Releasing his Shikai, he began to think that he might defeat Master Mirian before obtaining his Bankai, so he backed off on his blows. It was here Master Mirian took advantage, releasing his Shikai for the first time for Zeal to see.

Zeal found himself being bombarded by the rocks and boulders in the dojo. He jumped out of the training ground and rolled to the ground, but realized he had fallen to an area which had rocks around it. Master Mirian jumped after and smiled. Here, the master released his Bankai, and the earth Zeal's ankles. The boulders lifted off the ground around Zeal. Master Mirian spoke, telling Zeal the final truth before his death, that Mirian had ordered the death of Zeal's family, and now he was going to kill him. He raised his hand, clenching it into a fist. As the boulders flew towards Zeal to crush him, two syllables sounded through the fight. He exploded into a fury rieatsu, he appeared out of the smoke with his Bankai in hand. Zeal ran forward and impaled the surprised master, the Bankai's tip appearing out of his back.

Memories of hundreds of years rushed into Zeal, and it shattered him as he found out Master Mirian was lying when he told Zeal he had killed his family. Even more shocking to Zeal was the final thoughts of his master, he was going to tell Zeal that the fight was over. So it was a surprise to find Master Mirian standing next to him. Master Mirian explained that when Zeal killed him in his Bankai form, he became a part of Zeal's sword. Everything he killed with his Bankai would become a part of him.

For years, Master Mirian and Zeal trained and fought on, avenging Zeal's family and defeating the assassins. By the end, Zeal and Mirian returned to the house in which he learned so much. It was here that Thysix found him out of simply passing by and noticing his high rieatsu. When the shinigami offered Zeal a position in the Gotei 13, Zeal accepted. He now works as Thysix's lieutenant, even though he is more than capable of becoming an extremely powerful captain.

Zanpakuto Information

Name: Dreamcatcher

Release Phrase: Remember

Element/Family: Void? Oblivion?

Manifestation: The manifestation can take on many forms, but usually looks like Mirian
Zeal Nerel Old-man

Sealed Zanpakuto: Just a regular katana.
Shikai: Zeal's reitsu pulses from out of his katana, It expands to form a scythe.

Shikai Ability: Every time Dreamcatcher meets a blade of an opponent or touches an opponent, Zeal gains insight into the opponents memories. He can also manipulate memories and change small things in them. He must first think of the type of memory (ie. training, important people/events) then zeal gains the name. He homes in on the memory an understands more with his next slash. (Makes it easier to dodge technique or gains more knowledge of the event/person.

Bankai: Zeal's Right arm becomes engulfed in black, and his scythe radiates massive amounts of reitsu.

Bankai Ability: Every time Dreamcatcher cuts it's opponent, Zeal can steal some of their memories (usually their training) it takes three hits to successfully take a memory, blocking it. When he seals his zanpaktou, the memories return to the opponent. All Shikai abilities are still available in Bankai state. If an opponent is killed while Zeal is in his Bankai form, the enemy is reformed in Zeal's inner world, where he can consult them from time to time.

Techniques

Memory Training: After Stealing a memory in Bankai state, Zeal can train with the technique to use it in battle.

Edits in red

Last edited by Zeal Nerel on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Delz
RP Admin
Delz

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:35 pm

I'll need you to train for your BanKai again IRP.

Your shikai needs more details, just saying it gives insight is far too vague and can allow for serious godmodding..

As for the BanKai, by stealing their memories do you mean they lose them forever?

Until these questions are answered...

Zeal Nerel 14lhqc7
Back to top Go down
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Sorry, it was a long weekend.

Edits are in red.

Yes, memories taken with Bankai are permanently lost of a person or event, but techniques are re-trainable.
Back to top Go down
Saito Ryuhako
11th Division Captain
Saito Ryuhako

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 pm

I think that zankpakuto allows for some major God Modding the way it is currently, but I'll let someone else post their opinion
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:32 pm

permanent loss would be God Modding in my opinion, however I'm not against losing them until Your Zan is sealed. Also I'm not sure if its entirely clear in your profiles or not but who exactly decided what memory is taken?
Back to top Go down
http://bleachsoulsofwar.powerrpg.com
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:16 pm

@saito I wanted to stress the importance of their memories being taken. I guess if Zeal lost a fight, all the memories taken from the person he is fighting would revert back to them.

@Hezro
Quote :
He must first think of the type of memory (ie. training, important people/events) then zeal gains the name. He homes in on the memory an understands more with his next slash. (Makes it easier to dodge technique or gains more knowledge of the event/person.
Back to top Go down
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Zeal Nerel wrote:

@Hezro
Quote :
He must first think of the type of memory (ie. training, important people/events) then zeal gains the name. He homes in on the memory an understands more with his next slash. (Makes it easier to dodge technique or gains more knowledge of the event/person.

i was refering to bankai, not shikai
Back to top Go down
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:50 pm

I still decide which memory to take.
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:52 pm

add in that the memories return upon sealing the Zan and it will be approved
Back to top Go down
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 pm

How about if when I seal my zanpaktou, the memory is still blocked, but can be overcome by shear will. Or, perhaps the memory could come back over time. Fuzzy at first, and slowly becoming clearer.
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:22 pm

how about have it similar to Aizens illusions. That memory is forever blocked while you release your zanpaktou. say you steal a memory dealing with training, once you seal your blade they gain that memory back, but if they fight you again and you release your zan they lose that memory at the beginning of battle. Fair compromise?
Back to top Go down
Zeal Nerel
Division 5
Zeal Nerel

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:15 pm

All right deal.
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:10 pm

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zeal Nerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeal Nerel   Zeal Nerel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zeal Nerel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Creation Center :: Character Registration :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: